Excellent facilities, supervision and training opportunities prepare students for careers in academia, industry, business, biomedicine and healthcare. The Cancer Institute programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
Research within the UCL Cancer Institute is diverse and entails various disciplines such as molecular and cellular biology, cancer genetics, immunology, genetic engineering, cancer therapeutics and bioinformatics.
There are five research departments within the Cancer Institute:
- Cancer Biology
- Clinical Trials Centre
- Antibody-based therapeutics for imaging and treatment of cancer
- Brain cancer and stem cells
- Cellular and gene therapy for cancer and other blood-related disorders
- Chromosomal DNA replication and cancer
- Effects of tumour biology on therapeutic response, tumour immunology
- Epigenetic changes and cancer
- Genetics of sarcoma, acute leukaemia, chronic leukaemia and myoproliferative diseases
- Medical genomics, cancer systems, science and biomedical informatics
- Signalling networks
- Stratified/personalised cancer medicine
- Therapeutic drug-DNA interactions
- Translational projects, clinical trials and epidemiology
- Viral oncology.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Bioinformatics Genetics View 59 other PhDs in Genetics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International25900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25900 GBP per year during 36 months.
Overseas: £12,960 (PT)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.