All new students are registered through the newly created UCL Eastman Dental Institute Centre for Postgraduate Research (UCL ECPgR) at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. The Dentistry (UCL Eastman Dental Institute) programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
UCL Eastman Dental Institute is a world-leading, academic centre for postgraduate dentistry and translational research based in central London.
The institute offers an extensive range of high-quality study opportunities including Master's degrees, speciality training, certificates, diplomas, research-informed degrees and CPD courses.
It is also a world-class research centre offering a range of doctorates.
The laboratory based and clinically intensive programmes are led by international specialists and the UCL Eastman Dental Institute enjoys many long-standing collaborations with international universities, the NHS, industry sponsors and other UCL research groups. Many research graduates become leading clinical specialists, consultants, senior lecturers and post-doctoral researchers.
Recent graduates have either continued on an academic career pathway by obtaining research or academic positions at leading universities, or have entered managerial or research positions in the health service, government or industry.
Studying dentistry at UCL improves graduates' employability with industrial companies from the pharmaceutical sector in particular, and due to the reputation of the institute graduates are sought after in the field of dentistry worldwide.
- UCL Eastman Institute seeks to improve and make positive impact upon oral and systemic health through innovative and high-quality research. The institute has a global reputation in its three key areas of interest - Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Clinical Research and Microbial Diseases.
- During their research programme, the students will be expected to undertake a research project under the supervision of at least one member of the institute's academic staff.
- The nature of the project can be defined by either the academic supervisor or by the applicant, depending on both availability and method of funding. It is however expected that the nature of the research project will be on basic science but may be clinically relevant depending on the project.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 119 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a recognised MRes or Master’s degree.
- All prospective applicants, except those applying for advertised studentships, are encouraged to send an informal research enquiry.
- Making a research enquiry helps define your interests, contributes to making your application successful, and also serves to ensure the identification of the best possible supervisor for your needs.
- You can find information about the research departments within the Eastman on the Eastman website. All applicants must meet UCL's general entry requirements for MPhil/PhD.
International25900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25900 GBP per year during 36 months.
Overseas: £14,320 (PT)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.