All new students are registered through the newly created UCL Eastman Dental Institute Centre for Postgraduate Research (UCL ECPgR) at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. The Dentistry - Clinical Experience (UCL Eastman Dental Institute) programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
UCL Eastman Dental Institute is a world-leading, academic centre for postgraduate dentistry and translational research based in central London.
The institute offers an extensive range of high-quality study opportunities including Master's degrees, speciality training, certificates, diplomas, research-informed degrees and CPD courses.
It is also a world-class research centre offering a range of doctorates.
The clinically intensive programmes are led by international specialists and the UCL Eastman Dental Institute enjoys many long-standing collaborations with international universities, the NHS, industry sponsors and other UCL research groups. Many graduates become leading clinical specialists, consultants, senior lecturers and post-doctoral researchers.
Recent graduates have either continued on an academic career pathway by obtaining research or academic positions at leading universities, or have entered managerial or research positions in the health service, government or industry. Some graduates have secured prestigious specialist training posts.
Studying dentistry at UCL improves graduates' employability with industrial companies from the pharmaceutical sector in particular, and due to the reputation of the institute graduates are sought after in the field of dentistry worldwide. In this programme all students have exclusively gone back to clinical service.
Programme StructureResearch areas
- This is a full-time, four-year programme which offers the opportunity to work on a science or clinically relevant project under the guidance of a supervisor.
- However, students will be linked with a clinical unit depending on their trained specialisation.
- Students will be offered the chance to sustain limited clinical activity during the programme depending on the demands of the hosting division in order to maintain her/his clinical expertise. UCL Eastman Institute seeks to improve and make a positive impact upon oral and systemic health through innovative and high-quality research.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 119 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a recognised MRes or Master’s degree.
- Entry is extremely competitive and places will only be offered to exceptional candidates. In addition to choosing a research project, applicants must decide on the clinical discipline within which they wish to gain experience.
- All prospective applicants are encouraged to send an informal research enquiry.
- Making a research enquiry helps define your interests, contributes to making your application successful, and also serves to ensure the identification of the best possible supervisor for your needs.
International25900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25900 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Some projects offered for PhD are already funded and studentships will be advertised on both the UCL Eastman Dental Institute's Research page and the UCL jobs website. It is worth noting that due to the complex nature of this programme, it is highly anticipated for the applicant to secure his or her own funding.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.