During this Epidemiology and Public Health MPhil/PhD programme from University College London (UCL) you will be supported to learn new skills and broaden your professional networks by multi-disciplinary teams of world-leading academics.
The Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care brings together four research departments whose interests span the life course from childhood to old age, and research from the origins of disease to the development of innovative interventions.
The diversity of expertise in the institute ensures that it provides a vibrant environment in which to develop skills, supporting careers in a wide range of national and international settings.
The broad objectives are:
- understanding the determinants of health and disease in populations and in patients in clinical settings
- evaluating strategies for preventing and treating illness
- carrying out innovative work on behaviour change and on the practice of primary care
- developing and implementing new technologies in population health
- applied health and health policy research
CareersStudents graduating in the last three years have secured employment in local and central government, public health organisations, NHS trusts, hospitals and clinical trial units, as well as research posts at UCL and other higher education institutions.
EmployabilityThe institute offers world-class education and training. It manages many of the UK’s largest, most comprehensive longitudinal datasets, and evaluates strategies for the prevention and treatment of physical and mental ill health. It carries out innovative work on behaviour change, and on the practice of primary care as well as leading applied health and health policy research.
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- Health inequalities
- Life course influences and healthy ageing
- Quantitative research methods and medical and social statistics
- Dental public health
- Health behaviour research
- Applied health research
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Human Medicine View 85 other PhDs in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A Master’s degree (preferably with a merit or distinction) in a relevant discipline from a UK university and a good Bachelor’s degree (first or upper-second class) or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5690 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part-time tuition fee:
- UK: £2,845/year
- Overseas: £13,230/year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.