The School has maintained this status over decades, being recently ranked 8th in the world for Pharmacy in the QS worldwide rankings, and 3rd in the Top Student Cities.
The UCL School of Pharmacy is recognised as providing a world class research environment, being 100% 4 rated in the recent “Research Exercise Framework” (REF). The Pharmacy programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
Students work in several core research areas:
- understanding the underlying basis of challenging human diseases
- identification of new drugs and drug targets
- medicine development, leading to effective medicines with optimised delivery, and minimising effects
- pharmacy practice and medicines management, specialising in the influence of human behaviour on medicine use
Recent PhD students have gone into research roles in the pharmaceutical industry and in universities in the UK and around the world. Others have found careers in regulatory affairs, the NHS or scientific publishing, drug licensing and clinical trial research.
Understanding the approach of industry to the complex process of discovering, developing, formulating and licensing a medicine provides students with an outlook and expertise valued by employers.
NetworkingThe School attracts the leading figures in the field to our diverse programme of events, seminars, lectures, debates and conferences, focusing on critical issues in pharmacy, biomedical research and pharmaceutical industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Age-Related Medicines Development And Use
- Drug Discovery And Therapeutic Target Identification
- Fabrication And Synthetic Technologies For Advanced Drug Delivery
- Medicine Use and Optimisation
- Pharmacoepidemiology And Medication Safety
- Translational Neuroscience
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- A UK taught Master’s degree, or a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology pharmacy, pharmacology, or other relevant subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International26160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26160 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Overseas: £13,130 (PT)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.