The School has maintained this status over decades, being recently ranked 8th in the world for Pharmacy in the QS worldwide rankings, and 3rd in the Top Student Cities.
The UCL School of Pharmacy is recognised as providing a world class research environment, being 100% 4 rated in the recent “Research Exercise Framework” (REF). The Pharmacy programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
Students work in several core research areas:
- understanding the underlying basis of challenging human diseases
- identification of new drugs and drug targets
- medicine development, leading to effective medicines with optimised delivery, and minimising effects
- pharmacy practice and medicines management, specialising in the influence of human behaviour on medicine use
Recent PhD students have gone into research roles in the pharmaceutical industry and in universities in the UK and around the world. Others have found careers in regulatory affairs, the NHS or scientific publishing, drug licensing and clinical trial research.
Understanding the approach of industry to the complex process of discovering, developing, formulating and licensing a medicine provides students with an outlook and expertise valued by employers.
NetworkingThe School attracts the leading figures in the field to our diverse programme of events, seminars, lectures, debates and conferences, focusing on critical issues in pharmacy, biomedical research and pharmaceutical industry.
- Age-Related Medicines Development And Use
- Drug Discovery And Therapeutic Target Identification
- Fabrication And Synthetic Technologies For Advanced Drug Delivery
- Medicine Use and Optimisation
- Pharmacoepidemiology And Medication Safety
- Translational Neuroscience
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The programme may remain open if places are still available after 31 March 2022 and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June 2022.
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 15 other PhDs in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- A UK taught Master’s degree, or a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology pharmacy, pharmacology, or other relevant subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International27750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5690 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2,845
- International: £13,930
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.