The Division of Surgery & Interventional Science has three research departments:
- Materials and Tissue - has a long tradition in the development and evaluation of new materials in first-in-man studies
- Nanotechnology - the application of the modern principles of nanotechnology to surgery and regenerative medicine
- Tissue and Energy - the development of highly targeted, sensing and energy based surgical interventions to diagnose and cure disease
The Surgery and Interventional Science programme is offered by University College London (UCL).
Medically qualified graduates have successful careers as consultants or in clinical academic posts, non-medical graduates pursue careers in industry, academia and in the healthcare industry including elite sport, physical activity promotion, and biomedical industries.
With the breadth of research activity and internationally leading expertise available within the Division of Surgery & Interventional Science we aim to enhance our students' experience through offering the finest environment for personal and academic development. We have excellent facilities ranging from nanotechnology laboratories to stem cell facilities, GLP laboratories, custom joint design and manufacture, gait analysis and computer modelling facilities within the division. With the breadth of experience gained the majority of our graduates have successful careers in industry, academia and in the healthcare industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch areas
- Nanotechnology and regenerative medicine
- Orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science
- Tissue engineering of musculoskeletal tissues
- Tissue engineering of tumours - tumoroids.
- Sports science
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 114 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MPhil/PhD are required to have an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering/science subject or a medical degree (MBBS), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International25900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25900 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Overseas: £12,960 (PT)
Details of subject-specific funding opportunities can be obtained from the Divisional Senior Teaching Administrator.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.