This Leadership Studies program from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University intentionally seeks individuals who have excelled in formal leadership positions in their respective organizations as we strive to immerse these candidates in research inquiry that studies and examines leadership theory and promising leadership practice.
Alumni from this program have attained positions as college presidents, deans of schools and colleges at institutions of higher education, and vice-presidents of programs at health, non-profit, and business organizations.
All of our degree programs provide graduate candidates with numerous opportunities to engage in research efforts alongside our nationally known faculty. Our candidates are active in professional organizations, and they conduct research presentations at various local, state, and national conferences. Additionally, our candidates have opportunities to submit peer-reviewed publications in highly regarded journals.
- Demonstrate understanding of major leadership theories in Leadership Studies, and the ability to analyze and critique these theories, and apply these theories in diverse settings.
- Effectively demonstrate decision making skills and a repertoire of knowledge needed to lead, organize, and engage diverse local, national, and global communities.
- Able to use a range of perspectives from interdisciplinary fields of study particularly to provide leadership that addresses societal challenges.
- Articulate an understanding of the role of ethics in leadership, and develop ethical reasoning as well as reflection skills that promote social justice.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, analyze, critique, and conduct research using qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 124 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Three additional professional letters of recommendation from professors or employers. The recommendation letters should be submitted by the same individuals who complete the recommendation form included in the standard Graduate College application.
- A current resume or curriculum vita
- Statement of Purpose: In two double-spaced pages explain how earning a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies fits in with your academic/professional and personal goals; describe one or two of the key research topics that you may want to investigate as part of your research agenda; and discuss a key leadership lesson you have learned from your leadership experiences within or outside your profession.
International105264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2193 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 593 USD per credit during 12 months.
per 1-2 credit Hours
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.