The Doctor of Philosophy in Rehabilitation Counseling and Rehabilitation Counselor Education from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University is designed to prepare students to work as counselor educators, researchers, clinicians, and supervisors in academic and nonacademic settings. In addition to establishing a core foundation in rehabilitation counseling and research, major emphasis is provided in the area of Trauma and Trauma Informed Care.
Graduates experience a 100 percent post-graduation placement as rehabilitation and counselor education faculty, clinicians, researchers, counseling program coordinators, and leaders of state/federal agencies.
- Critical Thinking: Students will develop skills and attitudes of effective thinking that employ the use of thoughtful reflection and logical inquiry to draw evidence-based conclusions as they relate to community counseling.
- Oral Communication Skills: Students will demonstrate proficiency in communicating in individual dyads and small and large group settings and in appropriate use of grammar to communicate counseling findings, while avoiding sexist language, doublespeak and clichés. Evaluation occurs during the benchmarking process. Students must receive a satisfactory rating from the majority of faculty to earn a satisfactory rating. Faculty will evaluate 100% of the student population.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Counselling View 164 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- Master’s in Rehabilitation Counseling (CORE), or Counseling (CACREP), or a related profession with overall GPA of 3.5 or higher; GRE Score; Two years of work experience preferred;
- Statement of purpose: Describe career goals, research interests and a list of publications, professional and volunteer experience relevant to intended program of study, academic honors and organizations;
- Three professional letters of recommendation must include letters from professor(s) from Master’s program and from supervisor(s) from professional settings; A current resume or curriculum vita; Licensure and/or certification documentation;
International69079 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2193 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 593 USD per credit during 24 months.
per 1-2 credit Hours
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.