There is an emphasis on your own independent critical investigation, supervised by an experienced team of academics. You can benefit from an active research community in the School, and research groups with which to align your study.
As a research student, you will have access to a structured programme of training supported by our Doctoral School. This aims to assist you in the development of the practical and critical skills which are necessary for this programme and are transferable to your career. There may be opportunities to participate in undergraduate teaching following relevant training.
The University of Lincoln is part of the Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative (NARTI), a network of research-led universities providing specialist advanced training through the facilitation of events, retreats, and conferences to establish networks to share cross-regional expertise.
Throughout the research degree in Marketing at University of Lincoln, students are encouraged to take part in all activities associated with developing a research career.
The Researcher Development Programme from the Doctoral School considers career development pathways and students are encouraged to maintain training and development logs throughout their studies.In some cases students will have the opportunity to support undergraduate students and experience seminar teaching.
To support this, the University of Lincoln offers a range of teaching and learning activities and courses, and postgraduate students involved in teaching are encouraged to actively to take up these opportunities for development.
- Community Organisation Research Group
- Regional and Rural Enterprise Research Group
- Marketing and Supply Chain Research Group
- Responsible Management Research Group
- Visitor Economy Research Group
- Lincoln Economics and Finance Research Group
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Marketing View 5 other PhDs in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
- Normally candidates should hold a 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent in a relevant subject. You should also hold a Master’s degree, or international equivalent, at merit or above.
- While academic credentials are important for a successful application we also pay great attention to the fit of students to both the programme and the research interests of our academic team. Applicants are assessed based on their previous academic performance, the quality of their research proposal, and the availability of suitable members of staff to supervise the chosen research topic.
- If you would like to undertake a PhD, but do not currently have a Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, you may want to consider studying one of our Master's programmes.
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP per year during 18 months.
National4495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4495 GBP per year during 18 months.
- Home: £2,248 per year
- International: £7,200 per year
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.