This PhD by Practice Portfolio in Health and Social Care at University of Lincoln requires participants to bring together their existing work through the production of a portfolio and written commentary which demonstrates the original and significant contribution that they have made to their field of practice. This can, but does not have to, include a substantial research component.
This programme is assessed by the submission of a portfolio of selected work, a 15,000 word commentary, and normally an oral examination (viva voce).
The works selected for the portfolio should be focused and coherent. They may include papers, chapters, books, policy documents, educational programmes, service transformation projects, and reports to name some example. All of the work chosen should be publicly available. The works selected should normally have been undertaken during a minimum period of three years and need to have contemporary relevance. The volume of work needs to be comparable with that expected from a three-year full time PhD.
- Health Economics
- Healthcare Workforce Planning and Development
- Trauma, Critical, and Emergency Care
- Pre-hospital Care
- Mental Health
- Hospital Acquired Infections
- Health Inequalities
- Teaching and Learning in Health and Social Care
- Nurse Education
- Inter-professional Education and Multi-agency Working
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Service evaluation, Transformation, and Quality Improvement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesSocial Work Health Management View 27 other PhDs in Health Management in United Kingdom
- A minimum upper second class honours degree in a related subject or registered professional qualification.
- Must be currently practising in a health, social work, or social care environment, or School/Faculty in a higher education institution.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4495 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.