Continue your nursing education and prepare to provide primary health care services to patients of all ages. Learn to assess, diagnose, treat, and manage patients as well as offer health promotion and education. Discover how to provide evidence-based care, and lead diverse teams to support systemic changes that will improve patient safety and care.
Study under experienced professors from a variety of backgrounds who are grounded in their Christian faith and passionate about excellence in the field.
The Doctor of Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner degree at Liberty University faculty includes Family Nurse Practitioners, Pharm.D. prepared professors, nurse leaders, and administrators. All are experienced educators, and many are certified not only as advanced practice nurses but in specialties such as informatics, nurse education, and nursing administration.
Get the Experience You Need in Our Simulation Center
Learn new skills and practice techniques in our accredited Simulation Center. Here, you’ll have access to examination rooms and lab equipped with high-fidelity mannequins trainers and B-Line SimCapture video. This gives you hands-on experiences with standardized patients and equipment to learn and practice clinical skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology
- Theoretical Application for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Applications of Evidence-Based Care
Informatics, Technology and Trends for Transforming Health Care
Leadership, Policy and Ethics
- Interprofessional Collaboration and Outcomes Management for Quality in Health Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Human Medicine Nursing View 16 other PhDs in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Liberty University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission application
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official copies of transcripts for all post-secondary schools and be a graduate of a CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) or ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing) approved institution for their nursing education.
- GPA of 3.0 in most recent nursing degree
- Undergraduate statistics course
- Undergraduate research methods course
- Undergraduate health assessment course. (A graduate-level health assessment course can be accepted in lieu of an undergraduate course.)
- Three Reference Contacts. We require three reference contacts: one professional recommendation, one academic recommendation, and one personal recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 635 USD per credit during 48 months.
National12382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 635 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lynchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.