Faculty are devoted to the advancement of scientific knowledge in clinical psychology and clinical health psychology. The program draws upon the department’s long-standing strengths in areas related to global mental health and aims to prepare students for academic and research track positions, as well as for clinical roles with applied research activities. You’ll be prepared to work collaboratively in a variety of medical, community, and public health settings, and upon graduation, you will have completed all pre-doctoral academic and internship requirements for admittance to the New York State Licensing Examination.
The Clinical Psychology (Health Care Emphasis) program from Pace University is designed to provide, within a scientist-practitioner model, education and training in clinical psychology and clinical health psychology. You’ll gain new perspectives through closer interaction with students and faculty across programs, as in mentored research labs.
Prepare for a career as researcher and clinician, potentially pursuing scientific investigation into the interface of mental and physical health/disease/disorder, and/or an academic role educating and training the next generation of clinical psychologists, or a clinical role within a medical or community health setting, possibly developing research measures, therapeutic interventions, beneficial programs, or needed policies. Many postdoctoral opportunities for specializations will be open to graduates.
- The Clinical Psychology (Health Care Emphasis) PhD program provides you with a comprehensive education through core-foundational courses, sequenced study of research methodology and statistical analyses, clinical courses (in psychopathology, assessment, and psychotherapy) and health psychology courses (including primary care and public health).
- An early course in clinical interviewing is followed by training through practicum and supervised clinical applications in the McShane Center for Psychological Services and in a second-year 8-hour/week placement.
- Third and fourth year studies are complemented by 16-hour/week clinical externships, followed by the fifth year full-time internship.
- From the beginning of the program, students are involved in research with a mentor, leading to completion of a master’s thesis (at the end of second-year) and culminating in completion of a doctoral dissertation.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 37 other PhDs in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Application Fee ($70, non-refundable)
- All Official Transcripts: Transcripts from every accredited college or university attended (not just the degree granting institution) must be sent either to Pace University, directly from the academic institution electronically or by mail, or forwarded by the applicant in sealed envelopes from the academic institution.
- Two Letters of Reccomendation: Letters should be from academic or professional references that can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study.
- Resume: A resume or outline describing at least the past five years of your employment history and any significant community, professional, or college extracurricular activities.
- Personal Statement
International41580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 48 months.
National41580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.