- Study obligations
- Research and publishing activities
- Other obligations (research internship abroad, teaching, obtaining points for other activities and outputs).
Within their studies, doctoral students are required to conduct scientific research activities related to the their dissertations, consisting of participation in research projects and presentations of achieved results in the form of journal publications and conference papers. Publishing-related obligations are described in the requirements set out in the PhD Student Standard (available for download below). For individual publication outputs, the doctoral student must again obtain at least the defined number of points.
Among the doctoral student’s publications, there must be at least one peer-reviewed scientific article published (or accepted for publication) in a journal indexed in Scopus or Web of Science database, where the doctoral student is the first author.
Part time options are available.
EQUIS and AMBA accreditations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methodology of scientific research
- Statistical methods for quantitative research
- Qualitative research
- Economics of the firm and industry
- Several Optional courses (eg. Entrepreneurship research, Strategy research, Research in marketing)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
System for admissions will be open on September 15
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certified copy of your diploma including the addendum and the final certificate (not the original, the certified copy will be kept at the University of Economics, Prague) even if you have studied at the University of Economics; Nostrification of the diploma is required for students from abroad.
- If you have not yet completed your degree, you must inform your Student Affairs Department agent and submit the document by the time of the university’s issuing of letter of acceptance at the latest.
- Your own idea about the focus of your research and dissertation work specified according to the FBA requirements: FBA requires an outline of your prospective doctoral dissertation in the extent of 5 pages in English.
- The presented text contains an overview of the state of scientific knowledge in the given field, proposal of an interesting research question and delineation of the goal and expected added value of your prospective doctoral dissertation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students may get significant financial support in the form of scholarship, based on their study performance, quality of research, and publication outcomes. Full-time students who properly fulfill their study obligations receive a scholarship of CZK 15,000 per month (approx. 600 EUR). In addition to regular scholarships, there are several other opportunities to receive extra scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.