The Electrical Engineering program of the Nazarbayev University focuses on the development of an in-depth understanding of the nature, implementation and evaluation of Electrical engineering principles and applications together with the growth of research skills. The current areas of research interest for the PhD in Electrical Engineering encompass a wide spectrum, with specific focus on power engineering; electronics, signal processing and communication, biomedical engineering, intelligent mechatronic systems, computer engineering.
By the completion of the PhD program, students will be capable of designing and conducting independent, innovative, original and high-quality research related to a variety of topics in Electrical engineering. In addition, the program will prepare graduates for careers in an industrial and academic environment in the positions of university faculty members, senior researchers, engineers; and product developers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- possess an in-depth and sophisticated understanding of their domain of study;
- be intellectually agile, curious, creative and open-minded;
- be thoughtful decision makers who know how to involve others;
- be entrepreneurial, self-propelling and able to create new opportunities;
- be fluent and nuanced communicator across languages and cultures;
- be cultured and tolerant citizens of the world;
- demonstrate high personal integrity;
- be prepared to take a leading role in the development of their country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods & Ethics
- Current Research Literature
- Thesis Research
Research topics include:
- Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies (Information and Communication Technologies
- Advanced Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
- Environment, Future and Emerging Technologies
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing (Improving diagnosis; Innovative treatments and technologies; Integrated, sustainable, citizen-centered care)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree
- A Master’s degree or equivalent
- A competitive CGPA in applicant’s Master’s (or equivalent) degree
- High level of English proficiency
- High motivation and a strong interest in the Program as outlined in a statement of purpose
- Research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an academic source)
- Complete Application form
- National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants)
- Statement of purpose outlining the applicant’s prior educational career, statement of his/her interest in the Program, his/her long-term career goals, and how the program would help him/her to achieve these goals (500 words)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.