Students in the Doctorate in Public Health Education at American College of Education will develop the competencies necessary to address public health issues in local, national and international communities.
The dynamic connection between research, theory and practice prepares graduates to be leaders and experts in public health education through research-intensive coursework and a dissertation.
- Advanced Coursework: You will learn how to conduct and interpret evidence-based research to create, implement and evaluate innovative programs and solutions for complex public health problems. Coursework covers policy and leadership in public health, integrating principles of cultural competence, equity, ethics and social justice to address public health concerns on a local, national and international scale.
- Customizable: Choose from Focus of Study options so you can tailor your program to your individual career goals.
- Tailored Dissertation Approach: Designed to provide support when doctoral students need it the most – during the dissertation. You’ll complete the dissertation in a structured, faculty-supported course sequence.
- Accelerated Completion: Students who have an Ed.S. degree or are all-but-dissertation (ABD) can complete their Ed.D. in 37 semester credits.
- Scholarly Writing and Research Strategies
- Research Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Quantitative Research Designs
- Qualitative Research Designs
- Research Concept Paper
- Research Methodology
- Literature Review
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Education View 28 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
- Master's or doctoral level
- Minimum grade point average 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for full admission
- Submit a current curriculum vitae (preferred) or resume
- Submit a goal statement, demonstrating a clear expression of purpose and anticipated personal and professional goals. The statement needs to be two pages in length excluding the title and reference pages
- Complete an interview
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through an NACES-recommended agency.
- Texas applicants may only submit evaluations from agencies approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to the education/accreditation level required for the program.
International7971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23914 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National7971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23914 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.