The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers a comprehensive and innovative graduate program in the literature and cultures of the Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian world.
The Spanish program at University of Arizona offer courses that cover a range of chronological, geographical, and generic categories, including Peninsular and Latin American literature and visual culture from the pre-modern period to the present day, as well as courses in literary, aesthetic, and political theory.
Our faculty is dynamic, professionally active, and committed to working closely with students to prepare them for careers in university teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Development of Spanish Medieval, Renaissance, and Golden Age Literature
- Medieval Literature, Renaissance, and Golden Age Literature
- Development of 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st-Century Spanish Literature
- 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st Century Spanish Literature
- Development of Spanish-American Literature: Pre-Columbian Period to Independence
- Spanish-American Literature: Pre-Columbian Period to Independence
- Development of Spanish American Nineteenth through Twenty First Cent. Literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 44 other PhDs in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The applicant must hold, or anticipate completing by the time of admission, an M.A. degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or the equivalent degree from a university outside the U.S., have a minimum grade point average of 3.4 on a 4-point scale in the M.A. in Spanish, and meet the general requirements of the Graduate College.
- Three letters of reference, at least one of which must be from a professor who did not serve on the student's M.A. examination committee
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose written in Spanish by the student
- A writing sample in Spanish
- Graduate College Online Application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.