The Art History and Education - Art and Visual Culture Education program from University of Arizona is focused on contemporary intersections of art, visual culture, and education in all settings.
Passion is the spark that ignites the fire of creativity, and it is the foundation of a pursuit to study the visual arts. If you are considering a major in Art and Visual Culture Education, Art History or Studio Art, you know that passion first hand. Why not join a community of like-minded individuals who share that commitment to creativity?
Ranked among the top art schools in the nation and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the School of Art offers its students a dynamic arrangement of in-depth programs of study. You will find the faculty supportive, the curriculum provocative, and the community among your classmates both challenging and inspiring.
Studying at a research-focused university, with over 200 degrees such as the University of Arizona gives you the unique opportunity to be surrounded by, and to engage with, faculty and peers of cross-disciplinary expertise, providing a depth and breadth of experience that is limited only by how far you want to go.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Research in Art Education
- Arts-based Research
- Theory and Methods in Art History: Renaissance to 1960
- New Theory and Methods in Art History: 1960-Present ?
- Behavioral Research in the Arts ?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Visual Arts View 14 other PhDs in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Please provide a Statement of Purpose.
- Please combine the following items into a single document (maximum file size: 5 MB) in the order shown below:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Writing or Research Sample
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. For initial evaluation purposes, you may attach scans of official or unofficial transcripts.
- The names and contact information for 3 referees who will be submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.