By taking the Sociology program at University of Arizona you are encouraged to become familiar with all stages of the research process, from conception to publication. Most students also gain training and experience in teaching sociology at the undergraduate level.
We admit students who intend to complete a doctoral degree. We do not offer a terminal M.A. program, although our doctoral students do earn an M.A. during their path to the Ph.D. Students begin graduate study in the master's program and enter the doctoral program once they have fulfilled the requirements for the M.A. degree and been recommended for doctoral study by their M.A. Committee. The master's work provides a basis for advanced study, both in coursework and in experience conducting original research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociological Theory
- Social Statistics
- Advanced Social Research Methods
- Study in Sociology
- Presentation Seminar
- Teaching Practicum
- World-System Theory and Research
- Sociology of Culture
- Political Sociology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Anthropology Sociology View 48 other PhDs in Sociology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must hold either a bachelor's or master's degree with a 3.00 grade point average. Only students who expect to obtain the Ph.D. degree are typically admitted to the program. Students are normally admitted to the program only in the fall semester.
- A statement of purpose, 1-2 pages in length, describing your interests and goals in graduate study.
- You must submit scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude test not over three years old.
- A curriculum vita or resume summarizing your education, experience, and accomplishments.
- A minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 letters of recommendation are required. These letters should be written by faculty or employers that can speak about your academic and research ability.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.