The Communication program from University of Arizona offers hands-on research experience and a broad range of coursework and educational opportunities, with specialization in Interpersonal Communication, Media, Health Communication, Small Group and Intergroup Communication, New Communication Technologies, and Political Communication. PhD programs of study combine major and minor coursework to fit individual intellectual needs and areas of research specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Mass Communication Theory
- Interpersonal Theory
- Theories of Social Influence
- Health Communication Theory
- Lifespan Communication
- Communication and Music
- Theory of Small Group Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 9 other PhDs in Digital Communication in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Writing sample (thesis chapters or prospectus preferred)
- 3 letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic and intellectual qualifications
- Statement of Purpose (500-2000 words) should be broken into the following sections: (a) your scholarly and research interests in the field of communication, (b) why you wish to pursue graduate study in the Department of Communication at the University of Arizona (including explicit connections between your research interests and our faculty's areas of expertise), and (c) your plans following completion of your graduate degree.
- GPA: 3.5 minimum
- For purposes of evlauation, we will accept unofficial transcripts of credits earned from ALL colleges and universities attended, uploaded where indicated on application. If applicant accepts offer of admission, we will require official transcripts sent to the Communication Dept at the University of Arizona.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 36 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.