Upon completion of the Ph.D. program in Planetary Sciences , a student will:
- Planetary sciences includes, but is not limited to, the science of the Sun, planets and their moons, other Solar System objects, and objects orbiting other stars;
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a subfield related to planetary sciences (minor);
- demonstrate ability to design, conduct, and document an independent research project that generates results that can be published in the peer-reviewed literature;
- effectively evaluate the scientific literature essential to the research area and articulate how the research is related to and advances the discipline;
- effectively communicate their research to peers and colleagues (e.g. peer-reviewed literature, national or international conferences and workshops, and seminars);
- effectively communicate their science to a broader audience, including its basic aspects to a lay person.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Planetary Physics
- Atmospheres and Remote Sensing
- Solar System Dynamics
- Chemistry of the Solar System
- Planetary Global Techtonics
- Evolution of Planetary Surfaces
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences Natural Sciences View 42 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University of Arizona/PTYS graduate application
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official college transcript(s)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.