The Counselor Education and Supervision program from University of Arizona accomplishes this through these objectives:
- preparing students to effectively integrate theory and clinical counseling practice;
- preparing students to become effective clinical supervisors;
- preparing students to become skilled teachers, acquiring knowledge and skills in pedagogy and teaching methods that constitute best practice in counselor education;
- preparing students to conduct rigorous research on important questions relevant to counseling and the counseling profession; and
- preparing students to engage in self- reflection regarding diversity and multiculturalism in counseling, and acquire both the skills and the commitment to effectively advocate on and individual, group and system level.
The CES Doctoral Program requires a minimum of 76 credits, including 67 credits of CES major coursework and 9 credits in the minor specialization area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Methods in Education
- Qualitative Methods in Education
- Recent Advances in Special Education and Rehabilitation
- Single-Subject Research
- Factor Analysis Techniques in Education
- Multivariate Methods in Educational Research
- Advanced Counseling Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Early Childhood Education View 179 other PhDs in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Applicant may use employers and professors as references.
- Personal interview
- Relevant experience (one (1) year preferred)
- A master’s degree from a CORE accredited Rehabilitation program. If a student has a different degree, he/she may have to take a deficiency coursework determined by the faculty
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from institutions attended. Applicants recommended for admission will be required to submit final official transcripts to the Graduate College admissions office.
- GRE scores must not be older than five years
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.