University of Arizona offers a Ph.D.in Neuroscience through the Graduate Interdisciplinary Program.
Students participate in designing their own individually tailored programs that provide a thorough base of knowledge in the many facets of neuroscience as well as depth in chosen areas of specialization.
Because of the breadth of expertise represented by faculty, students have access to education and research training opportunities in areas ranging from molecular, cellular, systems, behavioral, cognitive, theoretical, and clinical neuroscience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Research Rotations in the laboratories of three members of the Neuroscience
- Science Writing Strategies, Skills & Ethics
- Survival Skills and Ethics
- Scientific Grantsmanship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Interviews typically begin late January for fall admission.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine Neuroscience View 28 other PhDs in Neuroscience in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must complete at least a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent prior to enrollment in the Program. Examples of undergraduate majors that normally constitute satisfactory preparation for graduate work in Neuroscience include but are not limited to: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Neurobiology, Neuroscience and Psychology.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- 3 strong letters of recommendation from college professors, one of whom served as advisor for an independent research study; international students should provide at least one letter from a scientist who works in or knows well the U.S. system
- A strong personal statement indicating basis for interest in graduate study in neuroscience, relevant background, and career goals
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.