Students in the English program from University of Arizona have the opportunity to work with faculty engaged in a wide variety of innovative research projects. Faculty research interests span a broad range of fields and critical methods and include most of the major recent intellectual trends in literary study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Creative Writing Nonfiction Writing
- Latina Feminisms in the Americas
- History of the English Language
- Modern English Grammar
- Teaching of Composition
- Advanced Scientific Writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 64 other PhDs in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Must complete a minimum of 30 units (10 classes) of course work at the University of Arizona.
- At least 18 units (6 courses) must be in regularly scheduled literature classes, unless otherwise approved by the Program Director.
- The additional 15 units towards degree requirements is typically transferred from the M.A.
- Must satisfy the Foreign Language requirement
- Must pass the Comprehensive Examination
- Complete at least 18 units of dissertation credit
- Write a dissertation acceptable to the Department of English.
- Students are strongly encouraged to satisfy the foreign requirement in their 1st year (if they enter with the MA); dissertation proposals cannot be submitted until the requirement is met.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.