The Environmental Engineering program from University of Arizona has long-standing strengths in water and wastewater treatment science and technology as well as technology transfer, hazardous waste treatment, development of environmentally-friendly technologies for industry, and atmospheric research.
Owing to the multidisciplinary strengths of Environmental Engineering, students participate in research collaborations with numerous other programs such as Chemical Engineering, Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences, Civil Engineering, Mining and Geological Engineering, and Environmental Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water Chemistry for Engineers
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Environmental Transport Processes
- Water Treatment System Design
- Wastewater Treatment System Design
- Microbiology for Engineers
- Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 34 other PhDs in Environmental Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Statement of purpose—indicating the academic and professional goals you hope to achieve in pursuit of this program of study.
- Unofficial electronic copies of transcripts from previous academic work. Official Transcripts will be required prior to matriculation. Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science, chemistry or physics, for admission into the program, with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Resume—publications and time spent in a research lab make a much stronger application.
- For international applicants, official scores from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, CEFR or other accepted English Proficiency exam. See below for exemptions to this requirement.
- GRE is optional and is not required for consideration. Official scores from the GRE (university code is 4832, environmental engineering code is 1103.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.