The SJD dissertation phase (2-5 years) culminates in an in-person defense of the dissertation.
Students of the Law - International Trade and Business Law program from University of Arizona enjoy the full resources of the University of Arizona campus, and most UA professors are eligible to participate in your faculty committee. It is pro forma to ask experts from another college or program to be part of your dissertation committee when they have special knowledge of some aspect of the dissertation and research.
Enrollment in coursework outside of the College of Law and development of a candidate's dissertation committee must be performed under the guidance and approval of your law faculty advisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Your legal education will teach you to “think like a lawyer,” honing your analytical skills, developing better critical thinking, and acquiring the professional skills you need no matter where your education takes you.
- University of Arizona Law offers a mix of qualities no other school can match: a small, top-ranked program in the heart of a nationally acclaimed university, exceptional employment outcomes.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Legal Studies View 33 other PhDs in Legal Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SJD applicants must be JD graduates of an ABA approved law school in the United States, or possess the first law degree from a foreign law school approved by the government or other accredited authority in the nation in which it is located.
- A completed LLM or foreign equivalent is also required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 USD per year during 36 months.
National26000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.