The Ph.D. ISE program offers concentrations in integrated design and manufacturing, decision science and operations research, and human factors and ergonomics.
The Industrial and Systems Engineering program at University of Michigan - Dearborn requires the core, concentration, and cognate coursework; qualifying and dissertation proposal examinations; a written dissertation; and an oral defense of the dissertation. The Ph.D. ISE degree is offered to exceptional students who have completed, with distinction, a master’s degree in engineering or a closely related field.
Learning Goal 1: To provide students with analytical skills that enable them to develop creative solutions for complex engineering problems
Learning Goal 2: To prepare students to conduct high-quality original research in areas of industrial and systems engineering
Learning Goal 3: To prepare students for the varied responsibilities and opportunities of careers in research in areas of industrial and systems engineering
- Multivariate Statistics
- Research Methods in Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Production and Operations Engineering
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Quantitative Methods in Quality Engineering
- System Simulation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 124 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A master’s degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or a physical science from an accredited program.
- To be eligible for the program, students are required to have completed three semesters or 12 credit hours of calculus and a course in linear algebra.
- One course in operations research, one course in calculus-based probability and statistics, and knowledge of computer programming.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4-point scale for the B.S. degree and 3.5 or higher on a 4-point scale for the master’s degree.
- All students are required to submit valid official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
International890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 USD per semester during 48 months.
National890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Dearborn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.