Those pursuing the Economics and Management programme from the Faculty of Economics (USB) learn to analyse, evaluate, and design systems related to the management and economics of companies and institutions. The programme also implements current theoretical knowledge in the field and takes into account trends affecting the environment of companies such as Industry 4.0., process management, digitisation, innovative business, globalisation, etc.
Graduates will acquire detailed knowledge of the field of economics, management, quantitative and qualitative methods, methodology of scientific work, and other fields in connection with their dissertation topics such as financial management, marketing, trade, stochastic models, regional development management, and information systems.
- academic or research staff positions,
- managerial positions at the highest level of private enterprises and public organisations.
- Methodology of the Scientific Work
- Quantitative Methods in EM
- IT in Decision Making
- Stochastic Models of the Decision Making
- Marketing and Trade
- Management of the Regional Development
- Innovation Management
- World Economy
- Financial Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Bohemia in Ceské Budejovice (USB) and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- an outline of the topic of your proposed dissertation (chosen from the list available on the website of the Department of Science and Research of the faculty),
- an original of a master's degree diploma (or an officially certified copy) or a diploma supplement and an original (or an officially certified copy) of the diploma,
- a structured curriculum vitae (1 page),
- a survey of existing scientific activities and references of publications using the normal APA 6,
- a document proving the payment of the fee for the admission procedure. (Note: Applicants currently finishing their bachelor's degree studies must provide the diploma by the day of registration at the latest.)
- Applicants will be informed about the date of the admission interview along with other information concerning the interview and a confirmation of acceptance of the application.
International3300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3300 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3300 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Budweis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All information about the scholarships at USB is available here:
Jihočeská univerzita v Českých Budějovicích - Tuition fees & scholarships (jcu.cz)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.