Our close links to many local and national heritage sites and projects also make this an excellent place to undertake archaeological and anthropological research, and we support research in these fields that has an impact on modern forensic investigation. You could make a difference in the world of technology and have an impact on saving lives or rehabilitation, or work with our psychologists to improve every day life.
We work closely with colleagues from other faculties and specialisms across the university to deliver impactful and exciting research across a multitude of disciplines.
Transferable skills and academia
You may alternatively consider a career in academia. You may wish to undertake research to contribute to your knowledge of a specialist subject, or develop your employability by enhancing your skills in project management and analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To be awarded a PhD, you will need to complete a complex and advanced project. You will be expected to critically investigate and evaluate an approved topic, which results in an original and independent contribution to knowledge, as well as to demonstrate an understanding of research methods appropriate to your chosen field.
- You will have to present and defend your thesis and/or practical element by viva voce (oral examination), to the satisfaction of the examiners.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Natural Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 92 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
An Honours degree at 2:1 or higher and/or a relevant Master's degree.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4567 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4567 GBP per year during 48 months.
- UK, ROI & CI: £4,567 per year (library-based and laboratory-based)
- Int'l: £16,000 per year (library-based)
- £18,000 per year (laboratory-based)
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.