The focus of the The Sustainability Challenges for Participatory Landscape Planning and Design programme from Vilnius Gediminas Technical University is on sustainable solutions in landscape architecture. It shall dive into the environmental, and social-economic aspects of sustainability in relation to artistic experiments in landscape architecture. The research should stand on practical experience of landscape planning, design and management and focus on the urban context. The goal is to explore and identify recent and traditional, global and regional sustainable practices for identifying the new and advanced principles for environmental and social synergy of landscape and urbanism in an artistic context.
The selected candidate will work on the PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. dr. Gintaras Stauskis. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to attend scientific conferences, meetings and internships in the other universities and research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent research under supervision;
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits);
- Participation in research networks, including placements at other, primarily foreign, research institutions;
- Teaching or another form of knowledge dissemination, which is related to the PhD topic when possible;
- The completion of a PhD thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits)
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- Certified copies of the Master’s degree diploma and its supplement with grades or higher education equivalent to it;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- List of scientific publications and their copies or research proposal (if scientific publications are not included);
- Copy of a personal data page of a passport or a copy of a personal ID;
- Other documents that an applicant wants to submit.
One of the following is accepted:
- FCE (First Certificate in English): A
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English): C
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based: 510, internet based: 70, computer based: 180.
- B2 Certificate in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
part-time studies - 7 363,00 (6-year)
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The PhD studies can be financed by the companies or enterprises financial resources or a PhD student‘s personal finances.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.