Transit is a very important part of the global international economy, encompassing the logistics system and managing the strategic activities of transport companies. The principles of strategic management in the logistics business on a global scale are becoming increasingly important. This is also important in the case of Lithuania, especially in the current conditions, organizing, managing and resolving political and economic issues in order to find the most optimal solutions and ensure the freight transport logistics chain not only in Europe but also globally.
However, it should be noted that supply chain management in international business strategies also implies an innovative technological connection dictated by the global world. For the time being, there is a lack of transport market operating systems based on the application of both innovative technologies and other methods that would help to solve the problems of managing the international logistics business and its strategic solutions.
The paper plans to evaluate the latest logistics business management strategies, and the application of innovative technologies in solving the problem areas of supply chain management, based on targeted research in the context of the logistics and transport market. The work would analyse, discuss theoretical and practical solutions, and conduct research related to strategic business management in logistics markets, taking into account the multicultural development context.
The selected candidate of the Strategic management in logistics businesses programme from Vilnius Gediminas Technical University will work on the PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. dr. Aldona Jarašūnienė The successful applicant will have to attend scientific conferences, meetings and internships in the other universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent research under supervision;
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits);
- Participation in research networks, including placements at other, primarily foreign, research institutions;
- Teaching or another form of knowledge dissemination, which is related to the PhD topic when possible;
- The completion of a PhD thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits)
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Strategic Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- Certified copies of the Master’s degree diploma and its supplement with grades or higher education equivalent to it;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- List of scientific publications and their copies or research proposal (if scientific publications are not included);
- Copy of a personal data page of a passport or a copy of a personal ID;
Other documents that an applicant wants to submit.
- One of the following is accepted:
- FCE (First Certificate in English): A
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English): C
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based: 510, internet based: 70, computer based: 180.
- B2 Certificate in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
- part-time studies - 7,363 EUR
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The PhD studies can be financed by the companies or enterprises financial resources or a PhD student‘s personal finances.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.