The Strategy, Operations and Leadership at Heriot-Watt University represents a diverse range of research interests that include Policy and strategy development and organizational change with a particular interest in what people do in the development of strategy:
- Measuring and managing business performance with a view to understanding what makes high performing organisations different and how organisational controls could be optimised to underpin sustainable long term business performance
- Business process management and the use of Lean Six Sigma, quality management and wider business improvement approaches in a wide range of sectors and industries
- Management of strategic projects and strategic management and organisational controls in temporary organisations
- The international political economy of infrastructure systems
- Internet portals, website quality, social networks and the market reach of rural small firms
- Strategic and performance management of SMEs
- Origins, history and cultural practices of hospitality; and philosophical, ethical and cultural underpinnings of contemporary management practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategy, Operations and Leadership Group research project 1: There is a distinct relationship between how managers conceptualise their organisations and how they manage performance. The purpose of this line of research would be to investigate: How to capture the managers’ mental models? How to compare these conceptualisations? How differences in mental models management reflect organisational performance?
- Strategy, Operations and Leadership Group research project 2: Collaboration between organisations through joint-venture projects (eg. multi-organisation product development or social case-teams) is increasing. Person-centred leadership is effective in professional and projects contexts, but it is unclear how this works in multi-agency project contexts. The research would explore this, and include investigation of related factors such as accountability.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 62 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- All applications will be reviewed within the relevant department with a shortlisting decision made based on qualifications, the research proposal and the availability of a supervisory team. Shortlisted applicants must have the equivalent of a 1st class honours undergraduate degree, or a Masters degree with an average mark of 65% or higher and a dissertation mark of 65% or higher.
- The research proposal should contain as much as possible of the following: an introduction or outline of the proposed topic; a statement of objectives and/or specific research questions; a summary of some of the relevant literature which supports the research objective(s); an indication of the intended research methodology; an indication of the theoretical structure and/or conceptual outline; a provisional timetable of the major phases of the research process; results expected from the research
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15360 GBP per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA4380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4380 GBP per year and a duration of .
- UK/EU: £2,190
- Overseas: £7,680
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.