The doctoral program in Gerontology , jointly offered by University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) and the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), provides an interdisciplinary and integrative perspective on the process of human aging and the experiences of growing old. The goal of the program is to train a new generation of scholars conversant with interdisciplinary and integrative paradigms and research designs to examine the unique, reciprocal and dynamic nature of aging in context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aging Policy
- Epidemiology of Aging
- Social, Cultural, and Behavioral Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Biology View 181 other PhDs in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application
- Three letters of recommendation (including some from academic personnel)
- General GRE test scores taken within the last 5 years. All applicants are required to submit GRE scores regardless of background
- Statement of academic goals and research interests. The statement of academic goals and research interests serves as a writing sample and is your chance to express your reason(s) for studying Gerontology, why you are interested in our program in particular, and your future plans.
- A TOEFL must be submitted for International Students that do not have a Bachelors or Masters degree from a U.S. institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.