Initiated in 1983, the Human Services Psychology (Behavioral, Clinical, Community) program at University of Maryland Baltimore County represents a reconceptualization of clinical psychology and several related specialties.
The program’s rationale derives from a general systems theory perspective which focuses on the generic nature of the knowledge and skills upon which these specialties draw and the multidimensional nature of the problems with which they are concerned. We believe that this approach fosters a more comprehensive and integrative approach to both research and professional practice.
It also represents a more cost-effective and flexible approach to professional training than most traditional single-specialty professional training programs since it allows us to provide training for a number of specialties within the framework of a single program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological, Cognitive and Developmental Bases of Behavior
- Personal, Social, Community and Cultural Bases of Behavior
- Human Diversity Research and Intervention
- Data Analytic Procedures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
75 to 90
DisciplinesPsychology Biology Clinical Psychology View 113 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0 or higher; > 3.2 is preferred
- Three letters of recommendation (LORs) are required of all applicants.
- Occasionally, applicants have provided examples of papers and/or studies they have written
- Applicants are expected write a statement. It may be longer than the word limit stated on the online application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 60 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 60 months.
In-State9885 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.