The Chemical and Biochemical Engineering degree atUniversity of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) is not awarded for the completion of course and seminar requirements, no matter how successfully completed.
Ph.D. candidates are required to take four required graduate course covering topics in advanced mathematics, kinetics, thermodynamics and transport phenomena. Students are required to pass an oral qualifying examination, a proposal exam, and a final dissertation defense. The examinations are given annually, and the student has two opportunities to pass each examination. Additional requirements are imposed by the Graduate School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Methods of Engineering Analysis or
- Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Kinetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Biochemistry View 27 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of key prerequisite courses
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- C.V. or Resume
- Statement of academic goals and research interests (including your preferred advisor(s))
- English Language proficiency scores are required for International students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.