Environmental engineers identify and design solutions for environmental problems, such as providing safe drinking water, treating and safely disposing of wastes, controlling water pollution, maintaining air quality and remediating contaminated sites.
Water resources engineering is a profession that deals with the use, management and conservation of natural water resources above and below ground surface to assure availability and affordability of safe and clean sources of water for society.
The Ph.D. Environmental Engineering at University of Maryland Baltimore County has a greater emphasis on research compared with the M.S. degree and is geared toward successfully mastering a body of skills and knowledge in preparation for a career as an independent scholar. This degree is recommended for those who expect to engage in a professional career in research, teaching or technical work of an advanced nature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Physicochemical Processes
- Environmental Biological Processes
- Groundwater Hydrology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 121 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The UMBC Graduate School will accept official WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluations as fulfillment of the requirement for official transcripts in the admissions process. The WES evaluation is optional.
- The Graduate School needs to receive either an official WES evaluation or official transcripts. The WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation includes copies of the official transcripts and degree certificates that have been verified by WES, and it includes a course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation must be sent directly from WES to the UMBC Graduate School in order to be considered official.
- You will use Fully English and Fully another language when you find on the program website French, English or French or English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23772 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit
National23772 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit
In-State13839 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.