Art, Design and Media at Nanyang Technological University acts as an incubator for the development and realization of original artistic and professional productions, including design, interactive media, film, animation and new art forms.
Through exploration of new ideas, creative practices and theories, the expectation is that students will transform the field. A collaboration of internationally recognized faculty members, visiting artists and scholars, offers a unique educational environment that is world-renowned. Creative and production cooperation between faculty and students is encouraged and the development of worldwide co-production opportunities is fostered.
Our internationally renowned faculty members who combine theory and practice, preparing student artists to theorize their own experience in art, design and media.
- Dynamic hub where international scholars, thinkers, and artists share their experiences with graduate students through regular ADM Lecture Series, workshops, screenings, exhibitions, and Digital Humanities Research Cluster.
- Cutting-edge resources and facilities including ADM Library, research lounge for ADM graduate students, sound stage, motion-capture studio, 3D printing lab, movie theatres, dark room, print lab, digital sound lab, sound mixing studio, virtual reality (VR) studio, animation, and editing suites.
Programme StructureResearch Areas
- Digital Humanities and Art
- Culture and Identity
- Culture and Heritage
- Art History and Criticism
- Southeast Asian Art, Design and Media
- Production Culture
- Art in Motion
- A Master’s degree from a recognized institution which is relevant to the proposed disciplines or areas of research; and
- A Bachelor's degree with minimum 2nd class honours upper or Honours (Distinction) or equivalent; in a field relevant to the proposed research topic from a recognized university;
- For applicants whose mother tongue is not English, a good IELTS score of at least 7.0 is required. Candidates with an undergraduate or Masters degree from an institution where the language of instruction is English are exempted from taking the IELTS;
- It is important to note that besides meeting the basic academic requirements, applicants will also be assessed on the strength of their portfolios which have to meet the highest professional and academic standards.
International14328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14328 USD per year during 24 months.
National6698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6698 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,000
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,600
- International Student S$19,250
- Full fee: S$35,850
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.