Biological Sciences offered at Nanyang Technological University aims to produce research scientists, who have deep and wide knowledge to be competitive in today’s global research and work environment. Our graduate students enrolled in graduate programmes by research may be admitted on a full-time or part-time basis. They will receive supervision and guidance by faculty members to conduct research projects aligned to the overall objectives of their chosen laboratories. We also provide advanced learning and hands-on training through foundation courses and practical modules.
The School of Biological Sciences has trained and graduated more than 500 Ph.D. students. Promising scholars and researchers interested in the above mentioned fields are encouraged to apply. Prestigious scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants.
In addition to the research work, Ph.D. students are required to complete 4 course modules, Research Communication for Graduate Studies, Teaching Assistantship Programme and Transferable Skills Modules within stipulated period of the Ph.D. candidature. Graduate English Course may apply to some students. The final requirements include the submission of a Ph.D. dissertation and an oral examination.
- Practical Course in Multidimensional NMR spectroscopy
- Practical Course in Electron Microscopy and image processing of macromolecular complexes
- Skin Biology: Theory and Practice
- Computational Biology and modeling
- Practical Course in Advanced Microscopy
- Applicants must have Bachelor's degree with minimum 2nd class honours upper or *Honours (Distinction) and the ability to pursue research in the candidate's proposed field of advanced study.
- A valid GRE/GMAT score is required for applicants who are not graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore, unless there is specific requirement stated in the School's website for the respective programme. Test dates must be within 5 years or less from the date of your application.
International14326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14326 USD per year during 24 months.
National6698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6698 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,000
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,600
- International Student S$19,250
- NonSubsidised Fees S$42,300
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.