Chemistry students at Nanyang Technological University take advanced courses focusing on active research topics, and perform research under the supervision of a faculty member. The programme culminates in writing and defending a scientific thesis before a panel of scientific experts.
Our division boasts world-class experts in many fields of chemistry, contributing to NTU's 13th place rank in Chemistry in the 2017 Nature Index, among academic institutions worldwide. We have specialists in biophysical chemistry, nanomaterials, femtosecond and attosecond spectroscopy, microfluidics, atmospheric chemistry, polymer science, chemical biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, organic synthesis, organometallic chemistry, and many other areas.
Many PhD students in our division are supported by scholarships, which cover tuition fees and provide a stipend and other forms of support. Some scholarships include certain teaching and service requirements; the exact terms and conditions are explained upon the offering of the scholarship.
- Graduate Analytical Chemistry
- Graduate Organic Chemistry
- Graduate Physical Chemistry
- Contemporary Organometallic Chemistry
- Molecular Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy
- Computer Aided Drug Design
- For the PhD programme, applicants may optionally have a MSc degree in chemistry or a related discipline, but this is not mandatory. If the university has an honours system, at least second-upper class honours in the MSc degree, or the equivalent, is required.
- International applicants must take and pass a Technical Proficiency Test (TPT) in Chemistry administered by the school. This test is exempted if the applicant submits an appropriate GRE score.
International14326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14326 USD per year during 48 months.
National6698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6698 USD per year during 48 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,000
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,600
- International Student S$19,250
- NonSubsidised Fees S$42,300
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.