The Chemistry programme at Nanyang Technological University culminates in writing and defending a scientific thesis before a panel of scientific experts.
What you'll study
The division performs world-class research in many fields of chemistry, including biophysical chemistry, nanomaterials, femtosecond and attosecond spectroscopy, microfluidics, atmospheric chemistry, polymer science, chemical biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, organic synthesis, organometallic chemistry, and more.
Student must write a research thesis. Once the student and supervisor have agreed that the thesis is ready, it should be submitted online (via GSLink → Academic → Thesis → Thesis Submission). After being endorsed by the supervisor, the thesis is sent to three independent examiners for evaluation. After this evaluation, the student must defend the thesis in an oral examination scheduled by the school.
Students must complete a total of 16 Academic Units (AU) of graduate-level coursework, comprising:
- CBC729 - Graduate Seminar (4 AU, offered in Semester 1)
- CBC736 - Advanced Chemical Instrumentation (2 AU, offered in Semester 1)
- At least another 10 AU of CBC7XX lecture-based graduate courses
- 4 AU of these 10 AU may be substituted with another graduate course offered by a different School/Division in NTU, subject to approval from the supervisor and the Division.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry
- Applicants may optionally have a MSc degree in chemistry or a related discipline, but this is not mandatory. If the university has an honours system, at least second-upper class honours in the MSc degree, or the equivalent, is required.
- International applicants must take and pass a Technical Proficiency Test (TPT) in Chemistry administered by the school. This test is exempted if the applicant submits an appropriate GRE score.
- All international applicants who are not native English speakers must have TOEFL scores, IETLS scores, or pass an English Proficiency Test (EPT) administrated by the School.
International14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14544 USD per year during 24 months.
National6790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6790 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,150
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,800
- International Student S$19,600
- Non-Subsidised Fees S$42,300
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.