Mathematical Sciences students at Nanyang Technological University is offered by the Division of Mathematical Sciences at the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Graduate students take advanced courses focusing on active research topics, and perform research under the supervision of a faculty member.
Our students receive intensive support in their theoretical work, as well as in practical and computational aspects (where appropriate), including access to state-of-the-art computational resources. The programme culminates in writing and defending a doctoral research thesis before a panel of experts.
Student must write a research thesis. Once the student and supervisor have agreed that the thesis is ready, it should be submitted online (via GSLink → Academic → Thesis → Thesis Submission). After being endorsed by the supervisor, the thesis is sent to three independent examiners for evaluation. After this evaluation, the student must defend the thesis in an oral examination scheduled by the school.
- Continuous Methods
- Discrete Methods
- Algebraic Methods
- Mathematical Statistics
- Algorithms and Theory of Computing
- Topics in Discrete Mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics
- For the PhD programme, applicants may optionally have a MSc degree in Mathematics or a related discipline, but this is not mandatory. If the university has an honours system, at least second-upper class honours in the MSc degree, or the equivalent, is required.
- International applicants must have GRE General Test scores or GATE scores. A GRE subject score in mathematics is welcome but not required.
- International applicants who are not native English speakers must have TOEFL scores or IETLS scores.
International14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14544 USD per year during 24 months.
National6790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6790 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,150
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,800
- International Student S$19,600
- Non-Subsidised Fees S$42,300
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.