Doctor of Philosophy (Communication and Information)'s students at Nanyang Technological University have the opportunity to present their research work at regional and global conferences. In addition, they get the opportunity to collaborate with faculty on numerous publications in top academic journals. The research students in the PhD programme are exposed to classroom teaching opportunities to prepare them for an academic career.
Students typically conduct research in the following areas:
- Information Studies: Human computer interaction, games and gamification, information retrieval and analytics, social media, mobile and ubiquitous computing, information behaviour, information literacy, knowledge organization, knowledge management applications and practices
- Communication Studies: Health communication and information, marketing communication and public relations, media arts and cultural studies, computer-mediated communication, journalism, international/intercultural communication, communication law and policy, political communication.
- Philosophy of Research
- Communication Theory
- Conceptual Foundations of Information
- Advanced Quantitative Research Methods in Communication and Information
- Advanced Qualitative Research Methods in Communication and Information
- Independent Study in Communication
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Corporate Communication Digital Communication
- Good Master’s degree with CGPA of 4.25/5.00 and above
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum Honours (Distinction) or CGPA of 4.25/5.00 and above
- Ability to pursue research in the proposed field of advanced study
- English language competency*
- For both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees not awarded by an English-medium university or is awarded by an English-medium university but the language of instruction was not English, you must meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELPR) of having at least an IELTS (academic) score of 7.0 (min sub-score of 6.5) The score must be obtained within the last 2 years at point of application. TOEFL is not accepted in place of IELTS.
International14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14544 USD per year during 24 months.
National6790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6790 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,150
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,800
- International Student S$19,600
- Non-Subsidised Fees S$38,850
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.