This 4-year Biochemical Engineering and Bioprocess Leadership programme at University College London (UCL) is a research degree, equivalent to a PhD, with an additional training element designed to develop sector-specific skills and prepare graduates for leadership positions within the bioindustry sector.
All projects are industry collaborative with a significant proportion of the researcher’s time being spent with the sponsoring company.
Excellent and diverse career paths are available for you. Well over one hundred EngD researchers have graduated to date with 97% progressing to relevant bioindustry careers. Many now hold distinguished and senior positions in the bio/pharmaceutical, chemical, cell therapy and personal care product sectors.
The majority are engaged in bioprocess research and development, equipment and software design and manufacturing. Others have followed management and investment careers in the biotechnology field or have established independent academic careers in universities around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills (Synthetic Biology or Modelling and Simulation streams)
- Transferable Skills in Bioprocess Research and Development (including Responsible Research and Innovation)
- Design of Experiments for Bioprocess Optimisation
- Biomolecular and Cellular Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Biochemistry View 46 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree, or a UK Master's degree, in life or physical sciences or engineering, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant industrial experience can also be considered.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Standard
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5525 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.