Call for applications is now open!
- Over 200 fully funded positions available
- Scholarship amount: € 18.854,52 gross per year
- Joint research activity with the non-academic sector
- Pre-PhD scholarships available for candidates admitted within the spring session
In particular, the Mechanical Engineering PhD from Politecnico di Torino training focuses on system analysis, functional and structural planning, control of machines and machine elements, fluid dynamics, its application in industry sector and geophysics and its interplay with machines.During the programme, students attend courses on theoretical methodologies, numerical instruments and experimentation techniques to be employed in the study of physical phenomena and their interpretation; the programme offers III-level courses to improve specialized knowledge in the field.
PhD programme promotes international experiences, both organizing period abroad, carrying out researches at international institutions and centres which collaborate with the concerned Department (DIMEAS: department of mechanical and aerospace engineering), and promoting the partecipation to international congresses or organizing seminars, to which well-known scholars are invited.
PhD programme in Mechanical Engineering focuses on promoting the integration of students in work, especially in the framework of research centres and international companies which value their competences.
The specific and interdisciplinary training provided by this programme, exploring fields such as Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechatronics, allows students to find employment in companies operating in the field of Mechanics, Aerospace, Energy and Automotive, to which their competences and knowledge provide an added value.
- 3D motion tracking in body mechanics
- Applications of Multibody System Dynamics
- Basic of experimental mechanics in dynamics
- Basic of experimental mechanics in statics
- Controll and characterization of the fretting damage
- Industrial welding processes
- Innovative solutions for electrics and/or hybrids vehicles
- Legged robots: from bio-inspiration to novel legged machines
- Mechatronic systems for motor vehicles
- Models and methods for the dynamics of mechanical components with contact interfaces
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Access to PhD courses in Italy can be only achieved by participating in the Calls for Application. At Politecnico di Torino, PhD candidates are admitted after the evaluation of academic qualifications and the following oral interview: as a matter of fact, your skills are evaluated by analyzing your academic and scientific curricula and by the mandatory interview with the Selection Committee.
- You can participate in the Call if you have a Master of Science or if you are planning to obtain such degree by 31st October. In addition, it is required an international certificate of English language (IELTS 5.0 or an equivalent one).
- The GRE General Test will not be required only for students who apply for a CSC scholarship.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
PhD scholarships can be with own research topic or with predefined research topic.
The gross annual amount of the scholarship is usually € 15,343.28, but the Politecnico di Torino has chosen to further enhance and promote the value of PhD programmes, increasing the amount of the scholarships to € 18.854,52.
All candidates compete for scholarships with own research topic, unless they explicitly waive their right to receive them.
The scholarships with predefined research topic are associated to particular research topics for which specific skills are required. Those applicants interested in one or more scholarships shall carefully verify which are the field of research and the competences required, as specified in the scholarship descriptive sheet and contact the relevant scientific referee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.