Physics from University of Silesia in Katowice main experimental research topics are:
- properties and technology of mono- and polycrystalline intermetallic compounds and perovskites;
- properties and technology of ferroelectric and antiferroelectric materials;
- properties and technology of magnetic materials;
- investigation of crystal structures and their defects; molecular dynamics and phase transitions;
- electromagnetic interaction in biological materials;
- nuclear reactions, nuclear structure and applications of nuclear methods and technology.
Several employment options are possible. Candidates have the opportunity to continue their scientific career in directions such as: academic activity, laboratory research (eg. for an industrial companies) or computer programming.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of condensed matter;
- Statistical Physics;
- Theory of elementary particles;
- Theoretical Astrophysics and Cosmology.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open to candidates who have obtained a Master's degree in exact science.
- letter of recommendation from the faculty staff and his or her declaration of will to become the supervisor;
- declaration of the future supervisor on the availability of funds necessary to conduct research project by the PhD student;
- synopsis of the research project that will lead to the doctoral degree;
- list of the candidate’s publications and conference presentations (please include also copies of the first page of each publication);
- certificates of foreign language skills;
- three ID photos;
- proficiency in English (B2 level at least) by: providing information that previous education was delivered fully in English (eg. diploma), providing language certificate.
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1950 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1950 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.