The major challenges confronting society are complex and interdisciplinary, and current solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s intractable problems are not working. This complexity requires a different type of professional; one who is equipped to work in a very different and collaborative way to find new solutions.
The DEdPsych Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology from University of Dundee will help you to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes required to fulfil this role.
We are bringing together academic experts from across the University to provide you with interdisciplinary learning, teaching and research, thereby enabling you to transcend boundaries and lead applied research that will help you transform lives and tackle complex challenges in unique ways.
This programme has been designed to enhance your professional development and enable you to progress as a ‘researching professional’ within your own setting and beyond. To achieve this, principles of professional learning are integrated throughout the learning and teaching, including:
- A strong emphasis on reflective practice throughout the programme.
- Opportunities to situate learning within contexts that are familiar to you and actively facilitating you to explore interdisciplinary practice in a broader range of disciplines and contexts.
- An option for workplace ‘consultancy’ experience that combines research skills with practice-based interventions.
- Teaching and learning that actively includes working as a group to address issues and challenges in interdisciplinary ways, using this as a vehicle for deeper learning and understanding.
- Opportunities to network locally, nationally and internationally
Whilst you will graduate with a unique range of attributes, fundamentally, this programme aims to create a community of scholars who display ‘doctoral characteristics’ – that is, the qualities and skills associated with doctoral graduates. It is also about preparing you for working in a post-digital world, where 21st century qualities, such as being value-based, reflective and transdisciplinary, are an expectation of professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership in Professional Practice
- Professional Identities in a Changing World
- Research Methodologies for Interdisciplinarity
- Applied Research Methods for Strategic Tools
- Transforming Lives through Innovation
- Critical Review of Literature and Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducational Psychology View 17 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
You must have a first or upper second class Honours degree or Masters degree or equivalent, plus 5 years professional practice experience.
International18150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18150 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.