The objective of the Economics and Finance programme of the University of Luxembourg is to train highly skilled professionals and to contribute to the dissemination and advancement of knowledge in economics and finance.
Through the collaboration of the School’s researchers with private partners as well as local and international public institutions, the doctoral candidates will have the opportunity to exchange with external experts and organizations.
The interdisciplinary nature of the School offers candidates a rich training environment and diversity of research topics, as well as a better opportunity of academic and professional placement within and outside Europe.
- Using the internet as a data source for social science
- The macroeconomics of automation artificial intelligence and digitization,
- The Economics of urban Sprawl
- Matlab for financial modeling
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Macroeconomics part II
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Obtain the Master of Science in Quantitative Economics and Finance at the University of Luxembourg with “recommendation for PhD”, an equivalent Master degree in Quantitative Economics and/or Finance.
- Or complete equivalent research master courses in other programmes. Access is granted on a case by case basis to students having completed a similar degree from another institution with honour, possibly with the requirement of taking additional Master courses. Equivalence shall be checked by the DSEF PhD Admission Committee.
- Research project
- PhD supervisor at DSEF
- Motivation letter
- Two reference letters
- Command of English
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.