You work closely with our creative and committed academics - researchers who are pioneering new solutions to these issues, inspiring your own research, on the Economics programme from Essex, University of.
In recent years, our PhD students have obtained posts in a range of academic and non-academic institutions.
These include universities such as Bath, Chicago, Dusseldorf, East Anglia, the London School of Economics, Mannheim, Oxford, Rochester, University College London, and organisations like the Office for National Statistics (UK), the Bank of England, Bank of Italy, Bank of Korea, Bank of Mexico, Central Bank of Colombia, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, European Commission JRC, the World Bank.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- Behavioural economics
- Experimental economics
- Industrial organisation, market structure and firm behaviour
- Political economy
- Social networks
- Economic theory
- Financial economics and economics of banking
- International economics
- Macroeconomics and macroeconomic policy
- Public finance
- Search and matching
- Development economics
- Family and health economics including gender, population, and migration
- Labour economics including inequality and the economics of crime
- Spatial econometrics and cross-sectional dependence
- Semi and nonparametric econometrics
- Time series econometrics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 38 other PhDs in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A merit profile in an MRes Economics, or an equivalent programme, normally with 60% or above (or equivalent) in microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics and mathematics modules, and submission of the dissertation.
- If you have not studied (or are not currently studying) an MRes Economics, or an equivalent programme, you should consider applying for our PhD (Integrated) Economics programme.
- You will normally be required to attend an interview/Skype interview for acceptance, and acceptance is subject to research expertise in the department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/UK fee
- International fee
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.