A higher degree by research differs from other postgraduate degrees in that at least two-thirds of the study program must involve research. Although some coursework units may be required, the main part of your work will be in the form of a thesis written under the guidance of a supervisor and associate supervisor(s).
Your thesis must, in the opinion of the examiners, be a substantial original contribution to the knowledge or understanding of any field through the discovery of new facts, the formulation of theories or the innovative reinterpretation of known data and established ideas. It must also demonstrate your capacity to conceive, design and complete independent research. The Economics and Finance program is offered at Curtin University .
Why research at Curtin
Curtin is widely recognised for applied research firmly focused on solving real-world problems. Underpinning our research endeavours are strong partnerships with industry, business and government, which result in outcomes that greatly benefit the broader community locally, nationally and globally. Our international reputation for being a strong partner in industry-driven research ensures our graduates enjoy outstanding opportunities to become innovators in their fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independently plan a significant investigation into a topic of relevance to the Economics, Finance or Property disciplines; develop a conceptual rationale for the conduct of specific research and demonstrate a substantial contribution to the understanding of the field of study
- Evaluate research design, methodologies, methods and findings from different perspectives; logically argue a case for a particular research approach
- Independently access, interpret and synthesise research; examine and evaluate an Economic, Finance or Property related issue and identify aspects for further research
- Effectively communicate research approaches and findings through both verbal and written means with consideration of the audience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- 100 credits each semester
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 8 other PhDs in Economics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Generally, a master degree or bachelor degree with first or upper second class honours.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.