The Chemistry program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas is primarily a research-based program that includes sufficient advanced course work to provide a strong background from which students may pursue forefront research, under the direct guidance of a faculty member, in their chosen areas of interest.
A Ph.D. degree, the terminal degree in the field of chemistry, provides a wide variety of career opportunities performing forefront research in areas as diverse as chemistry, materials research, renewable energy studies, the petroleum industry, the food industry, pharmaceuticals, and environmental studies, as well as many others. Furthermore, a Ph.D. degree is generally required to obtain a university faculty position to help educate the next generation of scientists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
- Environmental Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 64 other PhDs in Chemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The applicant is required to submit a completed Graduate College application, application fee and official transcripts to the Graduate College with copies submitted to the department.
- Admission to the Ph.D. degree program in Chemistry requires a B.S. degree or a M.S. degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or a related discipline.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00, on a 4.0 scale, for all undergraduate or graduate work is required for admission to the program.
- In addition, the Graduate College application and official transcripts, the Department of Chemistry requires a statement of interest from the applicant. A letter of application should state interests and goals for graduate study. This is a 1-2 page essay describing the applicant's reasons for considering graduate study, goals after completion of the graduate degree, and the applicant's specific areas of interest.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.