Upon completing the degree, students will be qualified to seek careers conducting research in academia and in other institutional and applied settings. Areas of research in which faculty supervise students are: cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, neuroscience, and quantitative/social/community psychology.
The Psychological and Brain Sciences program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas operates on a mentor model in which students work under the supervision of an identified faculty mentor. We welcome students from diverse backgrounds and encourage research in topics related to multiculturalism and diversity.
Psychological and brain scientists are employed in both academic and nonacademic settings. In academic settings, they most often pursue a professorial career that emphasizes research and teaching. In nonacademic settings, they are employed by a wide variety of business, government and nonprofit organizations. For example, business organizations hire psychological and brain scientists as computer/web interface designers, marketing researchers, jury consultants, political strategists, social media consultants, and pharmaceutical researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Social Psychology
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Systems and Cognitive Neuroscience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience View 26 other PhDs in Neuroscience in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.20 (A = 4.00) or a master's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.50.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree must have completed at least 18 credits in undergraduate psychology courses including Statistics and Research Methods or their equivalents.
- Post-master students entering the Quantitative, Social, and Community area of study that are lacking sufficient background in statistics will complete PSY 708 and PSY 709 prior to taking elective credits.
- Satisfactory scores on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Three letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.